Friday, September 5, 2008

Our Deepest Fear.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


It's not a fickle encounter of an imaginative spirit or mind
that draws me to the places I want to go, to be around
the people I most cherish, or the things that enjoy my
company almost as much I enjoy them. Rather, the life
breathed into me when I was created, it's who I am; it's
just, in me. My mind is what will either get me there, or
stop me from even going. Often times I theorize things
and one that I've come to believe as hypothesized truth
is that, our imagination and our mind can be so distant
from one another at times. Often, our imagination
creates wonderful scenarios of things that we believe
in and want to do so badly.

Our mind, has a tendency to rationalize and kill our
imagination, as if to slap it on the wrist like a mother
would and say, "you should know better by now, you
can't do that. You'll hurt yourself, and I know it seems
fun and exciting, but you have to be realistic."

My word to the mind is just like a child's reassuring
words to her, "everything will be fine, but
more than anything, I need you to believe in me
and support me along the way; not try and kill my
dream. Dream with me, with you in this with me
it only makes me stronger."

God, I ask that our hearts be pure when we come
before you. I pray that we as a church, and as people
would continue to dream, and not let our minds
suppress the amazing possibilities that you have
placed in us. I pray that we would focus on you and
you alone, in doing so, I ask that you would
manifest and work through us to make our dreams
a reality, and to make your name famous.
You are God, and you are good Father. If we could
only be more like Jesus, how beautiful this world
would be. I thank you, for all that you do and all
that you are going to do.


Let us reach a world of people that desperately
needs God. Turn your deepest fear, into the longing
of something very real, and act.

No comments: