Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Devotion.

The weight of separation from God is unbearable to me.
What separates me from him? Sin. For almost all my life
I've second guessed myself, only to wake up today realizing
that that's exactly why God is using me! He uses the weak
to shame the strong! I am just that, I am not perfect.
I never will be, but what I will be is sanctified by Christ
day in and day out as I seek him.

So let us stop doubting ourselves, because what our hearts
are crying is, "God, I do not trust you. I can only do this
if I'm better, or if I could just be a better christian."
There is no such thing as a "better christian," but there
is such a thing as devotion. Trust him, in John 14:13 Jesus
says, "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that
the Father may be glorified in the Son." He is using us to
make him glorious, as if he needs us but he has chosen us.

Just like the gift of grace is a gift that we cannot earn,
so is this beautiful life he's chosen to use us in. Our
Creator chose us, and he knows that we are not perfect. The
big but here is, SEEK HIM. Be strengthened in the grace that
is in Jesus Christ, as Paul says. So this is it, today let's
begin to trust God the way were intended, with everything.

No comments: