Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Less is More in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Again, I resound with the heart of my friend Chad whom
is also a spiritual leader in my life, founding Come
and Live and offering the overflow of his heart to me
and many many others. This is an excerpt from his blog,
which you can find on my blogroll, followed by a few
thoughts of my own.

"They should not matter, these small things I crave.
Make me forget them, Father, and be brave!"

- The Transient by Helen Welshimer

I'll pose the question: if the greatest example of generosity
relied fully on His father to provide for his every need (even
when it seems He went without), how dare we expect a life of
comfort & plenty? In a world loaded up with selfishness and greed,
God help us to live generously!


Everyday it seems I'm challenged by God and reminded to live
with less and to expect less and feed on the nourishment of which
only he can provide. I've found, at a young age no less, that
the more we, as a people, begin to take matters into our own hands
it disables us from trusting in the Lord the way we were meant to
all along. You cannot hold when your hands are full, and I would
venture to encourage us to pass the cup as was intended of us; of
our own accord we can do nothing, and a part from Yahweh we are
nothing.
He made him who knew no sin, to be sin on our behalf that we might
become the righteousness of God. I suppose my challenge to anyone
reading and myself is that we would break down the walls of our
culture and what we are accustomed to, so that we may see that we
are too comfortable here. Giving of your finances is a tremendous
sacrifice, but are your hands and feet dirty like Jesus? Giving
of your time is a tremendous sacrifice, but have you dedicated your
life to humility as a vessel for Christ? To go wherever he leads
you? We are too comfortable here my friends! Should you think
differently, I would respectfully presume it is obvious where your
treasure lies.

The martyrdom of our Kingdom takes place in this world EVERYDAY!
And we not turn an ear to it! The church of China is raising up
100,000 strong to enter into the most deadly region of this world
to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ our Lord to where the gospel
itself originated! What will you give my friends? If your hands
are not dirty, if your feet are not blistered, and if you've not
bled for the work of our God and his Kingdom, then I come to you
in love - give more of yourself.

Let our martyred Iranian brother Mehdi Dibaj, and his confession
at the end of his 10 year death sentence, before an Islamic judge
who called him to renounce Christ
, speak to our hearts and help
put into perspective of what it truly means to sacrifice.

"My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"

No comments: